Friday, November 25, 2011

Albania - Tirana



This is Skenderbeg Square , the heart of Tirana.  It has a statue to their national hero, Skanderbeg and this Clock Tower built in 1822 and the Et'Hem Bey Mosque started in 1789. And a large Albania flag.




The National Museum




In 2000, the mayor began a project to make government buildings more colorful.





Youth in the park




Seniors in the park (playing a kind of chess)




Newly weds driving by the park




I had to answer the age old question : "Can you get a decent Chinese meal in Tirana?"  Based on a sampling of one , the answer is no - not very good and very expensive







I should have tried this place which reminded me of a certain restaurant I have found in almost every country visited




On second thought, I could have just called for delivery.



No comments:

Post a Comment